Methany Methany

NINish

You got some nice NIN style stuff going on there. There are some break/pauses in the music (piano stuff) that feel a little weird. I'm not saying that they are a bad thing, but the notes going on there seem a little too random, maybe try to make them a little more melodic. Good job man!

TheHeartgrinder responds:

I draw alot of inspiration from things other than music in my creations. To name just two, I have always been a big fan of Aqua Teen Huger Force and Monty Python. Here's where the inspiration lies. Just because something does'nt make sense and at first glance does'nt quite fit, It doesnt mean that it does'nt belong. Im not sure if you know anything about the song's subject but nothing makes any sense when you experience what I did. So the randomness served it's purpose. I am glad that you payed attention enough to notice things like that. Thanks for listening and I can only hope you keep listening to my other works.

P.S. I don't know if you are aware of them but check out Skinny Puppy as I am influenced by them as well.

Realization of The End Realization of The End

You have some good ideas

You have some good ideas going here, but I have a few gripes. First, the sound on this is pretty flat, I feel virtually no bass, which you have to have in this kind of genre. Secondly, I feel the song never actually takes off. After the part with that's split up by rests I think you could go into to some sort of melody backed up by a moving bass/rythym along with some strings/pads. try to add something that will give the song some energy and come alive.

Met3ora responds:

Thanks for the feedback. I agree, it never really builds up to anything, and I'll take your ideas into consideration if I decide to revise it.

Persist Persist

Cool

Overall I think this is a pretty good song. I really like the synth part towards the middle of the song. The bass is moving, but I feel the intro is missing something. I find it hard to listen all the way through to the middle, maybe if you add something in during the second time through the intro before going to the synth melody.

Prime Target Prime Target

Good Stuff

I find the second half of the song to be the most musically engaging. The piano part is really cool. THe first half is OK, but some parts seem a little off beat. Overall it's a pretty nice song. The beat fits the trance genre, and maybe the lead, but the other parts seem like a video game song. Anyway, keep up the good work. It's nice to see people using some hardware synths. I use a Roland JV-1080 and an Alesis QS6.1 myself.

BatesyBates responds:

Awesome, I've never really seen anybody else using hardware on here. Yeah, this song still needs a bit of work in some places, but mostly I just make my songs to get a musical idea across, I think I am done with this one.

Thanks for the review, I never get them, so its really helpful to get constructive ones.

Phoenix Beat Phoenix Beat

Rockin'

The intro seems a little flat, but the lead is really rockin. What software/hardware synth did you use for the lead?

Etomocky responds:

LMMS. They actually use this as a Demo now.

Preterlude II Preterlude II

Nice

The song has alot of great melodic elements. However, I think you could've spent some more time mixing, since the parts the should be heavy don't really jump out out at you like they would in a heavy metal song. On the other hand, this would make for some great background music since it wouldn't really interfere with the rest of the audio.

Broken Binary Broken Binary

Good job!

I like it, it's very atmospheric. You chose alot of good sounds, but I think you should've chose something better for the main melody since it seems a tad bit cliche.

A unique past A unique past

Nice Work

Very interesting loop here. It would be complete if it perfectly looped around from the end to the beginning.

The Cyanide Effect The Cyanide Effect

Good Job

I loved the opening, really nice. The second half is nice as well, but you could use a better transition linking the two.

Gucunuka responds:

awesome thnks will work on it

Blood Throne Battle II Blood Throne Battle II

Nice Work

Definately epic as the title says.

Would've been nicer if you added some emphisis on percussion, and added some parts with a more deifned melody. I don't have real bass on my laptop speakers so I can't tell if it's there, but give the drums some more bass with some EQ. More use of an orchestral drum set with some repeating timpani would add to the songs feel.

Anyway, nice job, keep it up.

MarkySpark responds:

Thanks for the review, the timpany is in there. It all sounds a lot different to me here than this mp3 sourced upload.